- Education & Outreach
- Advanced Print and Roll to Roll Manufacturing Facility
- Nanoimprint Lithography & Hybrid Coating R2R Coaters
- Conte Nanotechnology Cleanroom Lab
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility
- UMass-Amherst Mass Spectrometry Center
- W.M. Keck Center for Electron Microscopy
- W.M. Keck Nanostructures Laboratory
- Hysitron Triboindenter
- Nanonex Nanoimprinter
The increased use of engineered nanoparticles (ENMs) in commercial and industrial applications is raising concern over the environmental and health effects of nanoparticles released into the water sup...
More study needed to clarify impact of cellulose nanocrystals on health: Few studies explore toxicity of cellulose nanocrystals
Are cellulose nanocrystals harmful to human health? The answer might depend on the route of exposure, according to a review of the literature by a Virginia Tech scientist, but there have been few stud...
Seeing tiny twins: Strength in shrinking: Understanding why a material's behavior changes as it gets smaller
To fully understand how nanomaterials behave, one must also understand the atomic-scale deformation mechanisms that determine their structure and, therefore, their strength and function.